Salted Caramel Oat Bars
Deliciously gooey no bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars. Layered with a naturally
sweetened oat crust, vegan salted caramel, and dark chocolate.
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats, gluten free
- ½ cup pitted dates, soaked prior
- ½ cup syrup, I used date syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp almond butter
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt (optional)
- Soak pitted dates in a bowl of warm water for at least 10 minutes. This will rehydrate them if they are slightly dried out. Line a 8 inch by 8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all of your crust ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and pulse until you have created a crumbly crust. If you feel that your crust is to dry add more syrup. If it is to wet add more oats.
- Add the crust to the pan. Using a rubber spatula press the oat crust down creating an even layer. You can also use a bottom of a glass cup to pack it down. Place the pan in the freezer.
- Make the caramel sauce. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, dates, vanilla, and salt to a high powered blender or food processor and pulse until the sauce is smooth.
- Heat a small pot on medium heat. Once warm, transfer the caramel sauce to the small pot. Add the cornstarch and mix for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Take the oat crust out of the freezer and pour the caramel sauce on top. Spread it out making an even layer.
- Combine the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the caramel layer and spread it evenly. Sprinkle sea salt on top of the chocolate (optional). Pop the pan back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate has slightly hardened.
- Cut the salted caramel chocolate into bars. After you’ve cut your bars, pop them back in the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate layer is completely hardened.
- Immediately eat these bars or store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy them. They will slowly melt and not hold their shape if left out for a long period of time.
2017 is when I officially went vegan, cutting out all dairy products. It all began when my husband and I started watching vegan documentaries that informed us on what kinds of things were in our foods. See all recipes by Marissa