Roast Tofu with Crispy Garlic Brussel Sprouts & Gravy
The best way to enjoy eating Brussel sprouts is to bake them with garlic accompanied by roasted tofu slices and homemade gravy.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu
- 150g/5.3oz Brussel sprouts
- 10g/0.35oz garlic cloves (3 to 4 cloves)
- 5ml/0.17oz olive oil spray
- To taste: cracked pepper, seasonings of choice
- 1 tsp vegan chicken stock powder (e.g. Massel Chicken Stock Powder is vegan)
- Lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 100ml/3.4oz vegetable liquid stock
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 10g/0.35oz (3 Tbsp) nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tsp soy sauce, or Tamari sauce for GF
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 10g/0.35oz all-purpose flour, or brown rice flour for GF
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Slice the tofu very thinly and place in a bowl. Mix the marinade ingredients and pour over the tofu making sure each slice is coated. Set aside to marinate.
- Cut Brussel sprouts in half or quarters, thinly slice garlic and place both in a bowl. Season with cracked pepper and any other seasonings of choice then spray with oil. Toss so that all are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Evenly spread out the garlic-coated Brussels sprouts on a lined baking tray, leaving room for the tofu. Place tofu slices on the baking tray too.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes then remove the tofu, flip the Brussel sprouts and roast for another 15 to 20 minutes until they’re crispy and lightly charred on the outside.
- Make the gravy while Brussel sprouts are in the oven. Add all gravy ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil. Whisk continuously over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until gravy thickens. Remove from heat.
- Once the Brussel sprouts are ready, place them on a plate with the tofu, pour gravy over them and enjoy.
Macros – Carb: 21g Fat: 18g Prot: 39g Calories: 407
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!