Revitalising Tempeh and Greens Salad
The tempeh bites make this a substantially filling salad while the nutrient-rich greens will leave you with a revitalised feeling.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150g/5.3oz tempeh (heaped cup, cubed)
- 1/4 veg stock cube (low sodium)
- 30g/1oz (a handful) green leafy salad mix
- 50g/1.8oz (1 cup) alfalfa sprouts
- 150g/5.3oz silverbeet/chard (3 large handfuls, destemmed & roughly chopped) (can sub for other dark leafy greens, like kale)
- 30g/1oz (1 1/2 Tbsp) hummus
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Optional: iodised salt, to taste
- Dissolve a quarter stock cube in 2 tablespoons of boiled water. Cube the tempeh, place in a shallow bowl and marinate in the stock water.
- Destem the silverbeet and chop. Wash and drain green leafy mix and alfalfa.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Cook tempeh, about 3 minutes each side. Add the silverbeet, paprika and cumin, and salt if using. Mix well and cook with the tempeh for about a minute or two until silverbeet wilts. Remove from heat and allow to cool before assembling your salad.
- In a bowl, add the leafy salad mix, alfalfa sprouts, silverbeet, tempeh and hummus, toss and coat all ingredients with the hummus. Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!