Revitalising Tempeh and Greens Salad
The tempeh bites make this a substantially filling salad while the nutrient-rich greens will leave you with a revitalised feeling.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150g/5.3oz tempeh (heaped cup, cubed)
- 1/4 veg stock cube (low sodium)
- 30g/1oz (a handful) green leafy salad mix
- 50g/1.8oz (1 cup) alfalfa sprouts
- 150g/5.3oz silverbeet/chard (3 large handfuls, destemmed & roughly chopped) (can sub for other dark leafy greens, like kale)
- 30g/1oz (1 1/2 Tbsp) hummus
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Optional: iodised salt, to taste
- Dissolve a quarter stock cube in 2 tablespoons of boiled water. Cube the tempeh, place in a shallow bowl and marinate in the stock water.
- Destem the silverbeet and chop. Wash and drain green leafy mix and alfalfa.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Cook tempeh, about 3 minutes each side. Add the silverbeet, paprika and cumin, and salt if using. Mix well and cook with the tempeh for about a minute or two until silverbeet wilts. Remove from heat and allow to cool before assembling your salad.
- In a bowl, add the leafy salad mix, alfalfa sprouts, silverbeet, tempeh and hummus, toss and coat all ingredients with the hummus. Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve.
Macros – Carb: 18g Fat: 11g Prot: 33g Calories: 306
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!