Raw Bounty Bar
Consuming coconut helps stop sugar cravings as the fat it contains keeps our bodies satiated for longer. Adding coconut to your diet will increase your fibre and iron intake. Coconut is said to prevent digestive disorders. Coconut oil, coconut water, fresh coconuts and shredded coconut are all easily accessible and each provide different benefits to the body as well as adding delicious flavours and textures to your meals. Grace's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1bJMQS8
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- In a food processor combine shredded coconut, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Flatten coconut mixture onto a lined tray and set in freezer for 10 minutes.
- To make the chocolate coating, stir raw cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl and cover the top of the coconut mixture with half of the chocolate mixture and set in freezer for 15 minutes. (keep the other half of the chocolate mixture over a saucepan of simmering water so it doesn’t set)
- Gently flip the bounty slab over and cover the exposed coconut bottom with the rest of the chocolate and set in freezer for 15 minutes.
- When set, cut the bounty slab into slices and store in fridge.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!