The classic Middle Eastern salad gets a quinoa power up.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- A small amount of mint
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp hummus
- Cook quinoa as per instructions on pack. (Usually, 1/2 cup quinoa to 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes). Allow to cool.
- Dice tomatoes, chop parsley, mint and spring onions and mix through cooled quinoa.
- Juice the lemon, pour over and mix through the quinoa mixture.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with hummus, and optional wholemeal pita bread.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchSaladsGluten FreeSugar FreeLow Fat