Pumpkin Sticky Buns
These Pumpkin Sticky Buns smell SO good out of the oven - you won't be able to stop at one!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast (one packet)
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 cup or so of pitted dates (softened)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- Dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Start by putting the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the warm water little by little and continue stirring until a soft dough forms (it should be a little bit sticky but still a dough; you do not want it to be stiff, it’s better to add a little too much water and re-add some flour later).
- Once you have your dough, cover the bowl and allow it to rise for one hour. In this time, prepare your filling by placing softened dates (if they aren’t soft when you open them, soak them in water for at least 30 mins before using) and all remaining ingredients except for the pumpkin pie spice to a blender and pulse until a smooth caramel forms.
- After the one hour, uncover your dough and knead 8-12 times before rolling it out onto a floured countertop.
- Roll into a flat rectangle and spread your caramel mixture evenly across the entirety of the dough. Sprinkle generously with the pumpkin pie spice and roll the dough bottom to top, sealing it by pinching slightly when you finish.
- Cut cinnamon rolls approximately 1 1/2 inches thick and place on a lined or greased pan. Once again cover with a tea towel and allow to rise an additional 30 mins.
- Once risen, bake them at 350 for 20-25 mins until lightly browned.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi there! I’m Clara, a 22 year old vegan blogger from Vancouver, BC. See all recipes by Clara