Pumpkin Overnight Oat Parfait
This versatile little recipe and handy comfort food by Miri can be for breakfast, brunch or a snack in between meals.
- 40g pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 25g oats
- 10g vanilla protein powder
- 100ml plant milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Add pumpkin puree, chia seeds, oats, protein powder, plant milk and cinnamon to a jar. Mix and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Then, chop your apple into cubes and add to a pan with brown sugar, cinnamon and a splash of water. Cook until tender.
- Add the apples to the bottom of a mason jar.
- Melt some chocolate and drizzle on the inside of the jar.
- Thaw your frozen blueberries in the microwave.
- Layer in the oat mixture with blueberries in the jar and top with whatever your heart desires. I used coconut yoghurt, peanut butter and a protein cookie dough ball (recipe for the cookie dough ball via @run2food.)
Guest Blogger Miri
My name is Miriam, and I'm a 24 year old Norwegian living in Melbourne. See all recipes by Miri