Pumpkin Burrito Bowl with Salsa Verde
Tasty pumpkin and vegan mince burrito bowl, accompanied by assorted veggies and a delectable salsa verde. This recipe can also be used as an easy vegan prep meal – make in larger quantities and store in fridge or freezer for later consumption.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 30g/1oz (1/4 cup) textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 200g/7oz Kent pumpkin (1 1/2 cup, cut in chunks)
- 150g/5.3oz red capsicum/bell pepper (1 cup, sliced)
- 20g/0.7oz fresh coriander (1/3 cup, finely chopped)
- 150g/5.3oz canned corn kernels (1 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 100g/3.5oz canned four bean mix (1/2 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 tsp burrito spice mix (e.g. Old Elpaso)
- 30g/1oz fresh sweet basil (1/3 cup, roughly chopped)
- 30g/1oz fresh continental parsley (1/3 cup, roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp canned capers, drained
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil
- 20ml/0.7oz (4 tsp) lemon juice
- Rehydrate the textured vegetable protein by adding to a bowl with 1/4 cup boiling water. Set aside.
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks, chop the capsicum and coriander and measure the corn kernels and four bean mix once rinsed and drained from the can.
- Steam or boil the pumpkin for 10 mins until tender.
- While pumpkin is cooking, heat the oil in a pan and add the rehydrated TVP. Cook for a couple of minutes and add the burrito spice mix. Mix well. Add chopped coriander and four bean mix, stir and cook for a further 4 to 5 mins.
- Prepare salsa verde by combining the basil, parsley, capers, olive oil and lemon juice in a small food processor and process until smooth with some chunkiness in the texture.
- Assemble the bowl with the TVP and bean mix, pumpkin, capsicum, corn and salsa verde. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!