Polenta Crusted Eggplant with Tomato Salsa and Jerusalem Artichoke Chips
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 large eggplant, sliced 1cm thick
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 6 Jerusalem artichokes
- Scrub the Jerusalem artichokes then slice finely. Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper then spread out on baking paper on a baking tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven for 45-60mins or until golden brown, turning half way.
- Place the eggplant on some paper towel and sprinkle with salt on both sides. Allow to sit for 1/2 an hour or more.
- Wipe off any moisture from the eggplant and then toss in a bowl with the polenta. Ensure a good coverage on both sides.
- Cook in a little olive oil in a pan on medium heat for a few minutes each side. Make sure the eggplant maintains a firmness.
- Saute the red onion and garlic for a minute then add to the tomatoes and parsley.
I like to serve this with a big bunch of sautéed kale
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!