A sweet and sticky little treat which is sure to win over the toughest of critics.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup room temperature water
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Small can of pineapple pieces
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- 1/3 vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and generously grease a cake pan using coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients- flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together all wet ingredients- water, coconut oil, vanilla extract, pineapple pieces and lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk together until well incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- Melt vegan margarine and brown sugar on the stove top and pour into the bottom of your cake tin. Place pineapple rings on top and pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!