Pepper and Chickpea Salsa on Toast
Summery, fresh and full of goodness.
- 1 white onion
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 120g / 4.2 oz cooked chickpeas
- 10g / 0.3 oz parsley
- Handful of basil
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 to 5 slices of sourdough bread
- Start by sautéing the onion in 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, add the peppers chopped and 1 tsp of salt.
- Cook for about 15/20 minutes then let it cool down completely.
- Toast the bread, and then in a bowl mix the peppers with the chickpeas, parsley, basil, capers, the remaining oil, and salt. Enjoy on top of the toast.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I had no idea how much of a positive impact it would have on my life and most of all on the planet, and how nourished my body would feel. See all recipes by Francesca