Peking ‘Duck’ Pancakes
This is a replication of the traditional Peking Duck Pancakes. You should be able to buy most of the ingredients from your local Asian grocery if they have a selection of mock meats in their freezer section. This recipe is great as a starter in a Chinese meal or on its own as a light meal.
- Frozen mock ‘duck’
- Peking duck sauce
- Spring Onion, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, cut into thin strips
- Thaw the mock duck. Place on a baking tray and smother in peking duck sauce.
- Bake in a hot oven (around 200°C / 390F) for approximately 30 minutes, or until browning around edges.
- Shred or chop ‘duck’ into small pieces.
- Cook pancakes as per packet instructions.
- To serve – take a pancake, thinly spread with sauce, add a small amount of onion, cucumber and duck and roll into a pancake.
- 1 whole mock duck will make approximately 20 pancakes.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!