Oven Baked Tofu
Liz from Melbourne Chicken Save baked tofu recipe which she says lots of people say reminds them of satay or roast chicken.
- 1 block firm tofu
- Nice’n’Tasty brand ‘Chicken’ Yeeros shake (or another savoury seasoning such as Masterfoods All Purpose seasoning.)
- Braggs Amino Liquid or substitute with tamari or soy sauce
- Savoury Yeast Flakes
- Olive oil
- Pour a little olive oil onto a baking tray. Slice tofu into 1cm thick slices and place on tray, Cover each slice with a thin layer of oil.
- Pour Braggs (or tamari/soy) over the tofu slices until it pools in the oil.
- Sprinkle all over with the Yeeros shake and then cover with a good layer of yeast flakes, then finish with a little more oil.
- Bake in a 180C / 355F oven for about 20 minutes then turn over and repeat the process (go easy on the shake and Braggs on this side as they may be too salty). Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Drain oil from pan immediately or remove tofu and drain on paper towel.
- These can be stored in the fridge for a few days and are great eaten cold too!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!