One-pot Savoury Seitan Soup with Veggies
This satisfying savoury soup made with shredded seitan is high in protein, and loaded with other nutrients from the assorted vegetables.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 100g/3.5oz (1 cup) shredded seitan, use homemade or store-bought (e.g. Suzy Spoon’s, MeetCo)
- 250ml/8.5oz (1 cup) liquid vegetable stock (reduced salt)
- 100g/3.5oz celery (3/4 cup, chopped)
- 50g/1.8oz sweet potato (1/3 cup, small cubes)
- 50g/1.8oz carrot (1/3 cup, chopped)
- 50g/1.8oz kale (1 cup, roughly chopped)
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g/1.8oz red onion (1/3 cup, diced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- Optional: water (can add some water when simmering to achieve desired soup consistency)
- Prepare/chop all veggies and set aside.
- If using frozen store-bought seitan, heat it in a non-stick pot as per packet instructions, leave in the pot for step 3. If using homemade seitan add it at step 4.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add the sweet potato, celery, shredded seitan (if using homemade), oregano, paprika, stir and cook for about 2 minutes, then add the bay leaf, kale, and liquid stock. Stir, bring to the boil then simmer with lid on for about 10 minutes. (If you prefer a more watery soup, add water at simmering stage.)
- Remove from heat, take out the bay leaf and serve.
Macros – Carb: 41g Fat: 7g Prot: 38g Calories: 383
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!