One Pot Green Lentil and Quinoa Curry
A nourishing protein-packed one pot vegan meal by Nicola. It's pretty easy getting enough protein on a vegan diet, especially when using legumes and quinoa in the same dish!
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 large (approx 600g) butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 tin tomatoes, diced
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 500ml vegan stock
- 500ml water
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten-free option)
- 150g green lentils, rinsed
- 150g quinoa, rinsed
- 400g tofu, diced
- 1 green capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- handful of spinach, chopped
- a squeeze of lemon to serve
- Sauté the red onion for 5 minutes then add the ginger, garlic, curry powder, paprika, coriander and cumin. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Then add the diced butternut pumpkin, canned tomatoes, coconut milk, stock, water, soy sauce, lentils and quinoa and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Then add in the tofu, capsicum and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Stir in some chopped spinach and a squeeze of lemon to serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchDinnerGluten FreeLow Fat
My name is Nicola. I am a physiotherapist working in the emergency department of a busy Melbourne hospital. I'm also a mum of two young kids, a very enthusiastic Crossfitter and occasional distance runner. See all recipes by Nicola