One-Bowl Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
This one-bowl GF chocolate cake is easy to make and delicious to taste!
- 1 1/2cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4cup water
- 2/3cup canola oil
- 1/2cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups Gluten Free All-purpose flour (Megan recommends the King Arthur brand)
- 3/4cup + 2T cocoa powder
- 2Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/4tsp salt
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, water, apple sauce, oil and vanilla with a whisk. Over top of the bowl, place a sifter. Into the sifter, measure the flour, cocoa, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum. Whisk well to combine, for about 1 minute.
- Prepare your pans of choice by greasing them with a little coconut oil or pan spray. Portion batter into prepared pans and bake at 350F/180C for 45-50 minutes for 7-inch (18cm) cakes, 40-45 for 9-inch (22cm) cakes, or 20-25 minutes for cupcakes. They are ready when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean, with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Decorate as desired and devour with friends.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Megan. I'm a professionally trained pastry chef, recipe developer, outdoor enthusiast and animal lover. See all recipes by Megan