Nutella Cheesecake with Icecream and Toasted Coconut
This is a super easy recipe, the only thing that people will have to play with is the sweetness and chocolatyness (is that a word..?) according to their taste.
- 250g / 8.8oz Digestive biscuits (McVitie’s plain is ideal)
- 75g / 2.6oz Unsalted vegan margarine
- 400g / 14.1oz ‘Nutella’ at room temperature (Can be made using 220g / 7.7oz of Hazelnut, 75g / 2.6oz Icing sugar, 25g / 0.9oz Cocoa and agave syrup to taste)
- 3-4 tsp of Vegetable Oil or Coconut Butter (otherwise Walnut oil could be a good option)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of soy milk or almond milk
- 100g / 3.5oz Hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 500g / 17.6oz Tofutti cream cheese at room temperature
- 60g / 2.1oz Icing sugar
Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the vegan margarine and a 15ml tablespoon of ‘Nutella’, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g / 0.9oz of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
Tip into a 23cm / 9 inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
Beat the Tofutti cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining ‘Nutella’ to the Tofutti cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the ‘Nutella’ mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining 75g / 2.6oz of chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!