Mock Chicken Pot Pie
This hearty warm winter meal is quick and easy to prepare. Elias' food journal: http://on.fb.me/1jyMviv
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- 300g / 10.6oz Diced Button mushroom
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbs of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of English mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Massels ‘Chicken’ Stock diluted into a cup of water
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 Tofutti Sour cream
- Vegan Pastry
- 250g / 8.8oz ‘Chicken’ nuggets (Purchased from Vincents in Footscray, otherwise diced Fry’s nuggets will do as well)
1. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook leek, garlic and for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Add mushrooms and ‘chicken’ nuggets. Cook until mushrooms are slightly softened.
3. Mix flour with 2 tablespoons of stock. Add to saucepan with remaining stock and add mustard. Bring to the boil. Cook until thickened.
4. Add Tofutti sour cream. Stir in thyme and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and let the mix cool.
5. Preheat oven to 200C / 390F. Lightly grease 4 x 1 1/4-cup capacity ramekins.
6. Divide mixture between ramekins.
7. Place pastry on top of mixture. Press with a fork to seal edges. Brush pastry with vegan margarine, diluted in warm water and dash of olive oil.
8. Place pies onto a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!