Microwave Mug Cake
This easy microwave mug cake will cure your sweet tooth any time of the day! It's also gluten-free and packed with plant-based protein.
- 1 cup rolled oats ground into flour
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or to taste — depending on sweetness of protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp chia seeds for chia egg
- 2 tbsp water for chia egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp nut / seed butter I used peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the chia seeds and water; set aside for 5 minutes. Then, add in the applesauce, milk, nut butter, and apple cider vinegar.
- Separately whisk together the dry ingredients — oat flour, protein powder, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and whisk until incorporated.
- Grease 2 microwave-safe mugs and distribute the batter evenly between them.
- Microwave each mug for 90 seconds; if needed, continue microwaving at 30 second intervals until cooked through.
- *Alternatively, bake in 2 oven-safe ramekins for 20 minutes at 350F / 180C. Let cool before serving.
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! See all recipes by Lenny