Mexican Vegetable Fritters
Full of flavour and mildly spiced, this is a perfect vegetable breakfast!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 12 mins
- 1/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup black beans (canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup besan (chickpea) flour
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Lightly fry onions in a little oil.
- Place the onions, zucchini, capsicum, coriander and beans in a food processor and blitz to make a chunky mixture. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix in the cumin and pepper.
- Combine the besan flour and yeast flakes with the water separately, then stir through the vegetable mixture to create a creamy, sticky batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan and drop two heaped tablespoonfuls at a time onto the pan, turning and browning on both sides.
- Delicious served with avocado and salsa (optional)!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!