Mexican Hot Chocolate & Crumpets
If soy milk isn't your thing you can substitute with another plant milk, like almond, oat, rice, hemp, etc. Explore the different varieties and brands available to find the one you like the best and try to ensure your plant milk is fortified with vitamin B12. If it isn't, remember to take your vegan B12 supplement as it's the easiest and most reliable way to ensure that you get adequate vitamin B12 in your diet.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 2 wholemeal crumpets
- 2 Tbsp hummus
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 leafy greens (e.g. cos lettuce, baby spinach or other)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp dark cocoa powder
- Pinch chilli powder
- Sugar/Maple syrup or other sweetener to taste
- Toast crumpets, spread with hummus, then add the tomato and leafy greens.
- Heat soy milk in a pot on the stovetop or in the microwave to desired temperature.
- Once hot add dark cocoa, pinch of chilli powder and your chosen sweetener to taste. Stir well then serve alongside crumpets.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!