Mexican Chilly Beans
Kidney beans are one of the world’s healthiest foods! They are extremely high in cholesterol lowering fiber (like most beans), PLUS their high fiber content ensures that blood sugar levels don’t rise too quickly! Kidney beans also contain vitamin K which aids in healthy brain and nervous system functions. Grace's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1bJMQS8
- 1/2 green capsicum (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- Olive oil
- Tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 can ‘no added salt’ kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can ‘no added salt’ diced tomatoes
- Fresh coriander
- Serve with options- brown rice, greens, avocado, vegan cheese, wraps.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add capsicum and onion, cook until soft. Then add chili powder and stir until fragrant.
- Add kidney beans and tomatoes, bring to boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into ovenproof dish and bake in oven on 160C / 320F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir through freshly chopped coriander and serve with rice, greens and avocado or make them into wraps!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!