- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 orange
- 3 tsp agar powder (can be bought in health food shops or Asian groceries)
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- fresh fruit (optional)
- vegan chocolate, melted (optional)
1. To make a beautiful, single-serve maple creme caramel you will need to blend together: 1/2 cup macadamias, 1/2 cup cashews, 3 tbs maple syrup , 1 tin coconut milk,
and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste.
2. Once blended smooth, pour into a pot on the stove and…
3. Over a low to medium heat, add (while whisking constantly): Juice and zest of orange, 3 tsp agar powder, and 4 tbsp cornflour.
4. Once it thickens up and holds its shape quite well, and gets a sheen on it (which means the corn flour has cooked out) – pour it into silicone single serve moulds, and refrigerate until cool. Should make 4.
5. Once cool you might need the aid of a knife run around the edge to help get them out of the mould and onto a plate.
6. Cover in maple syrup and serve with some fresh fruit!
7. Added extra, you can melt some chocolate and pour over the top too!
If you want, you can also give these changes a try.
1. If you don’t want to use an orange, you can use a lemon instead- simply use lemon zest instead of orange zest, and don’t put in the juice of a whole lemon, but just half of it.
2. If you don’t have corn flour, you can replace it with more agar powder- about 4 teaspoons.