Recipe adapted from Jo's Lemon cheesecake recipe on the Vegan Easy website:http://bit.ly/1k0ffVK Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
- 1 packet digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup nuttelex
- 1 small handful pecans
- 2 tubs tofutti cream cheese
- 2 x 400ml / 13.5oz cans of coconut cream
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 whole mangoes
- Place the biscuits and pecans in a food processor and blitz until they are a fine grind. Melt the nuttelex and slowly add this to the food processor until the mix comes together and holds. Press into a pan or dish of your choice and pop in the freezer.
- Open your cans of coconut cream and take out just the firm cream. Put the coconut water that’s left in the tin in the fridge to use in a smoothie. Place the coconut cream, tofutti cream cheese, castor sugar, lemon zest and juice and one mango into your food processor and process until really smooth.
- Take your cheesecake base out of the freezer and put half of the filling onto the base. Slice your second mango and lay half of the slices in a spiral on top of the filling. Place the other half of the filling on top of the mango and then lay the other half of the mango slices in a spiral on top, this will give you a double layer of mango slices. Put the cake in the freezer only taking it out 20minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Can you please provide specific measurements/weights of the ingredients, especially the cream cheese
1 packet digestive biscuits, ~400g
1/3 cup nuttelex, ~76g
1 small handful pecans, ~40g
2 tubs tofutti cream cheese, 1 tub equals 227g, therefore 454g
2 x 400ml / 13.5oz cans of coconut cream, 800ml
3 tbsp castor sugar, 3 Tbsp
zest of one lemon, ~1 Tbsp
juice of half a lemon, ~1.5 Tbsp
2 whole mangoes, 400g