Lily Pad Soup
This soup is a regular in our house because it takes ten seconds to make and we can chuck anything and everything with it. Zoe's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1CZrU3t
- 2 x cans of tinned tomatoes or 800g of fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- A squirt of olive oil
- Nasturtium leaves (or any baby spinach or roquette)
- Sweet potato (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
1. Blend tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, salt and a squirt of olive oil in a blender with enough water to get it moving until it’s creamy.
2. If you like hot soup then pop it in a pot for a few minutes after it’s blended. We love it cold but that’s not everyone’s cup of tea!
3. We made sweet potato noodles with a spirooli and the lily pads are teensy nasturtium leaves but any baby spinach or roquette would work great. Delicious walnuts on the side ready to jump in!
4. If you want a creamier soup try adding in soy milk or coconut cream instead of the water.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!