Lemongrass Stir-fry Udon Noodles with Broccolini & Mushroom
Packed with juicy mushrooms and green veggies, this lemongrass noodle dish is flavoured with a delicious sweet and sour sauce. Recipe by chef Jimmy.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 stalks Spring onion
- 1cm/0.5in Ginger
- 1 bunch Broccolini
- 60g/2oz Mushroom
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Lemongrass stalk
- 200g/7oz Udon noodles
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Maple / agave syrup
- 1.5 Tbsp Oil (avocado/vegetable)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil / Olive oil
- Prep – Slice spring onion into fine rings. Finely mince garlic and ginger. Peel outer layers of lemongrass. Bash lemongrass with the back of the knife then finely chop. Slice mushrooms. Cut broccolini into bite size bits include the stems.
- Mix – Place into small mixing bowl: soy sauce, maple syrup, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, sesame oil/olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Boil – Bring saucepan with water to the boil and cook noodles for 5-6 minutes. Drain noodles when ready.
- Cook – Place fry pan on medium heat with 1.5 Tbsp of oil. Add lemongrass, ginger, garlic and spring onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Add broccolini and mushrooms, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Finish & Serve – Add noodles and sauce and heat everything through. Taste and add salt if necessary. Place dish in bowls and garnish with sesame seeds.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hello, my name is Jimmy. I am the founder and recipe developer of VegMeUp, a vegan meal-kit delivery service in Melbourne, Australia. See all recipes by Jimmy