For the patty
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of minced yellow onion
- 1 1/4 cup of chikpeas
- 1 14 oz package of hearts of palm
- 2 tbs of ground walnuts
- 2 tbs of vegan mayo
- 2 tsp of stone ground mustard
- 1 tbs of dill
- 1/4 tsp of pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Sprinkle of cayenne
For the toppings
- Whole wheat buns
- Baby arugula
- Sliced vine ripe tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- Sauce of choice
- Baby dill pickles
- In a pan on medium heat add olive oil, red bell pepper, and yellow onion. Cook for 5 minutes. In the meantime mash all chickpeas and add to pan. Cook for another 5 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl squish all hearts of palm until crab like meat starts to form. Once all are squished combine with chikpea mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Add remaining ingredients into patty mixture and knead until all ingredients are well combined.
- Form mixture into desired sized patties and place in oven for 10 minutes each side. Once time is up remove from oven and allow 5 minutes to cool.
- In a pan on medium heat add patties and cook for 3 minutes each side. Once ready place patties on buns along with toppings. Use sauce of choice (we used a remoulade sauce) and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
We were first introduced to Veganism almost two years ago when one of us saw the trailer to Forks Over Knifes (not even the whole thing). See all recipes by Christina and Raymond