Older folks may call this Pop or Cog! If it isn’t sweet enough for your taste, add more chopped dates or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal polenta
- 1 cup fortified soy milk
- Pinch of iodised salt (optional)
- Sultanas, raisins or chopped dates
- 1 orange, cut into chunks
- A few walnuts and sprinkle of cinnamon, to serve
- Mix the cornmeal, soy milk, salt and dried fruit together in a bowl and microwave for 4-5 minutes (if you don’t have a microwave you can cook this in a pot on the stovetop, stirring often).
- Serve with extra soy milk, sprinkled with walnuts, orange pieces and cinnamon.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!