Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies
These cookies are so delicious and filled with homemade raspberry-chia jam! Recipe by Anniina.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for rolling
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Beat the vegan butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the almond milk, vanilla extract and baking soda, combine well.
- Add flour and salt and combine until dough is formed. Roll into a large ball and cover and put in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 170C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your surface. Roll dough out and cut out each cookie with glass or cookie cutter. For half of the cookies, use a small heart cookie cutter to make a window in the middle. Transfer the cookies to lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes, let them cool before adding jam.
- For the Jam: In a small saucepan, heat the raspberries over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil, simmer until the berries soften about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a fork mash the berries lightly, leaving some pieces. Stir in the syrup, chia seeds and salt. Cook on low for another 1-2 minutes. The jam will thicken more when cooled.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spread the jam onto the base cookie, then top with the heart cookie.
Find Anniina on Instagram @anniinaskitchen
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!