Homemade potato gnocchi with roasted capsicum and smoked paprika sauce
Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
- 3 medium sized desiree potatoes
- 1.5 cups of plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 medium red capsicum
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1. Wrap the potatoes in foil and bake them in a moderate oven for 1.5 hours.
2. Allow the potatoes to cool then remove the skin and mash really well.
3. Add the flour, oil and salt and kneed until smooth.
4. Divide the dough into four portions then roll each portion out into a long rope about 1.5cm thick. Cut into pieces and place onto a tray.
5. To cook* the gnocchi bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and place the gnocchi in the water removing them as they float to the surface (this does not take long). Do not overfill the pot.
*I generally cook this amount of gnocchi in 2-3 batches. You can then cook them in a frying pan in a little olive oil to make the gnocchi golden and crunchy.
1. Place the capsicum on a baking tray and cook in a moderate oven until the skin has blackened and the capsicum is soft.
2. Allow the capsicum to cool a little then remove the skin and seeds from inside.
3. Finely dice the onion and garlic and sauté in a little olive oil in a pan.
4. Slice the capsicum and tomato and add to the onion and garlic.
5. Add the paprika and cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Place the sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth.
7. Season with salt and pepper and add a little more paprika if you like.
8. Serve the sauce with the gnocchi and garnish with plenty of parsley and lemon.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!