Homemade Basil Pesto Pasta
Who agrees that fresh homemade basil pesto is way better than any store bought pesto? Recipe by @elleshungry
- 500g Spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta as per packet directions until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Place basil, salt, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan and oil in food processor and process until mixture forms smooth paste.
- Add pesto in with spaghetti and toss together so that it evenly coats all the pasta.
- Serve with grated parmesan and some extra pine nuts over the top and basil as a garnish.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!