Healthy Cookie Dough Brownies
Fudgy brownies filled with Cookie Dough in every bite! Except they're made with good-for-you ingredients!
- 2 tbsp creamy nut/seed butter (32 g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or agave) (42 g)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp any wheat/oat/gf flour (40 g)
- 2 tbsp mini vegan chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) (30 g)
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (60 g)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut (or other granulated sugar) (72 g)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or other plant milk) (45 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder (48 g)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat, all purpose, GF all purpose or oat flour (60 g)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, mix nut butter and maple syrup, add flour to form the dough, fold in chocolate chips.Roll/press out to a thin disk (you can use parchment paper to flatten the cookie dough) and freeze until solid (about 30 min – 1 hour).
- Wipe your bowl, add egg, oil, sugar, milk, vanilla, cocoa (sift the cocoa in if it’s clumpy) and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt. Combine to form a smooth brownie batter.
- Take out cookie dough and chop into small squares. Fold it into the brownie batter.
- Pour batter into the pan, spread evenly and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, ideally refrigerate, slice and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi I’m Elif! I’m a Harvard PhD in computer science and a Google software engineer by day, food blogger by night. See all recipes by Elif