Guest Blogger Elizabeth Madsen – Zardy Plants
Hey there, I'm Liz and I create vegan and whole food plant-based, oil-free recipes! See all recipes by Elizabeth
These Gluten Free Waffles are the perfect breakfast or brunch dish to share with friends and family.
1. Preheat your waffle iron. Add 2 tbsp egg replacer and 4 tbsp water to a small bowl and mix well with a fork.
2. Mix dry waffle ingredients in a large bowl, and mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl. By now the “eggs” should be set and and you can mix them in with the wet ingredients.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Using a measuring cup, add just enough batter to cover the plate of your waffle iron. Mine took a little over 1 cup of batter per set, but waffle irons differ in size.
4. I cooked my waffles for 8 minutes per set, but yours may differ. When each set is done, remove carefully from waffle iron with a heat safe spatula and place on a plate until ready to use.
5. While waffles are cooking, add all ingredients for compote to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium high until bubbling, stirring frequently. Then turn the heat to low and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
6. Separate waffles and pour on compote. If desired, add fresh raspberries and mint for garnish.
7. Refrigerate leftover waffles and compote separately in airtight containers up to 5 days. Reheat waffles in a toaster or toaster oven, and reheat compote (if desired) in small saucepan with a little water to thin down.
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!