Fun Vegan Fanta Cake
The award-winning team from The Compassionate Kitchen share how to make a fun vegan Fanta cake!
Makes a 3-layered cake
For the Cake batter
- 340g/12oz Self Raising Flour
- 40g/1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate soda
- 138ml/4.7oz Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon White vinegar
- 310ml/10.5oz Orange Juice
- 50g/3.2oz Bananas
- 370g/13oz White sugar
- 1 teaspoon Red Food Colour
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Food Colour
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange oil flavour
For the Buttercream
- 335g/11.9oz Vegan Butter
- 510g/18oz Soft Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 50ml/1.7oz Fanta
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemonade flavour
- 1 teaspoon Yellow colour
- 1/4 teaspoon Red colour
- 1/8 teaspoon Orange oil flavour
- Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF.
- Blend bananas and orange juice until very smooth and no visible lumps of banana.
- Add blended banana mix with sugar, oil, vanilla, orange flavour, colours and vinegar and mix well in the mixer.
- Add the dry mix of self-raising flour, plain flour, salt and bicarb to the mix and mix well until all lumps are gone.
- Grease the baking tins and line with baking paper.
- Pour 430g/15oz into 3 baking tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes on 160ºC/325ºF.
- Allow to cool before removing from cake tins.
- Add all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until icing sugar is mixed. Increase speed to maximum for 5 minutes.
- Scrape the side and bottom and mix for another 2 minutes.
Decorate the 3 layered-cake to your heart’s desire.🌼
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!