Easy Vegan High Protein Choc Chip Cookies
These high protein cookies are so easy to make with soybeans and they taste delicious. Simply cook a batch of soybeans in a pressure cooker, use the required amount for the recipe and refrigerate or freeze the rest to use in other recipes. Recipe by Lefki.
Serves 24 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 cups cooked soybeans
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs sunflower oil (can use coconut oil instead)
- 3 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1 tspn apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190C/380F. Line a tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, add the soybeans, sunflower oil and vanilla extract and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides when needed during processing.
- Add in the sugar, flour, baking soda, vinegar and salt then blend until a smooth batter is formed.
- Place the batter in a large bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, place the dough onto the tray. With wet fingers, gently flatten each mound.
- Bake until the tops look golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cool on a cooling rack, then serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!