Easy Tofu Veggie Scramble
This is my go-to tofu + veggie scramble for a weekend breakfast or to meal prep breakfast. Its quick, nutritious and most importantly its delicious.
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Small Dice
- 1/2 Small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Package Extra Firm Tofu, drained I like Nasoya!
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Pinch Turmeric (Optional) this is just for color
- 1/8 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Baby Kale or Spinach
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper in canol oil until lightly brown. About 5 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into the pan using your hands. Add salt, pepper, turmeric, thyme, basil and nutritional yeast. Turn the heat to medium high.
- Cook over medium high heat until tofu starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and kale and cook until the kale is wilted. About 1 minute.
- Serve warm or divide into microwave safe containers for easy reheating on your busiest mornings.
BreakfastGluten FreeLow Carb
I'm Megan. I'm a professionally trained pastry chef, recipe developer, outdoor enthusiast and animal lover. See all recipes by Megan