Easy Melty Vegan Cheese
You can make vegan cheese at home more easily than you'd think and it tastes WAY better than store-bought, at a fraction of the price.
This recipe is a great solution when you want cheese instantly. It can be eaten immediately, and you can put the remainder in the fridge or freezer to use later. I recommend freezing because the cheese hardens, making it easy to grate and melts better when reheated. Perfect for toasties, burgers, on pizza or tossed into tofu scramble.
- 2 cup plant-based yoghurt
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp light miso paste
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Taste test and add salt as desired.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low-medium heat (about 5 mins).
- Once simmering, the mixture will thicken. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir for an extra 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Cheese can be eaten immediately or saved for later. If saving for later, shape into a ball then freeze or chill in the fridge.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name’s Liz! I’m a food blogger based in Melbourne, Australia. I went vegan in August 2019 and it sparked a love of exploratory cooking. I started sharing what I was eating on Instagram, and found an opportunity to make simple plant-based recipes that fit into a busy lifestyle.
See all recipes by Liz