Easy Melty Vegan Cheese
You can make vegan cheese at home more easily than you'd think and it tastes WAY better than store-bought, at a fraction of the price.
This recipe is a great solution when you want cheese instantly. It can be eaten immediately, and you can put the remainder in the fridge or freezer to use later. I recommend freezing because the cheese hardens, making it easy to grate and melts better when reheated. Perfect for toasties, burgers, on pizza or tossed into tofu scramble. Recipe by Liz.
Serves 10 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 cup plant-based yoghurt
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp light miso paste
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Taste test and add salt as desired.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low-medium heat (about 5 mins).
- Once simmering, the mixture will thicken. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir for an extra 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Cheese can be eaten immediately or saved for later. If saving for later, shape into a ball then freeze or chill in the fridge.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name’s Liz! I’m a food blogger based in Melbourne, Australia. I went vegan in August 2019 and it sparked a love of exploratory cooking. I started sharing what I was eating on Instagram, and found an opportunity to make simple plant-based recipes that fit into a busy lifestyle.
See all recipes by Liz