Easy Homemade Hummus
Easy to make homeade hummus recipe. Lower in fat than store-bought hummus.
Serves 6 | Prep time: 8 mins | Cooking time: 0 mins
- 250g/8.8oz cooked chickpeas [or 1 x 425g/15oz can chickpeas (no added salt), drained & rinsed]
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) Lemon juice
- 20g/0.7oz (1 Tbsp) hulled tahini
- 20g/0.7oz (2 Tbsp) hemp seeds
- 75ml/2.5oz cold water (abt 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp iodised salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Optional: fresh parsley, to serve
- Blend all the ingredients together until fluffy and creamy.
- If you prefer your hummus to be spicy, add some chilli powder according to your taste.
- Top with some chopped parsley (optional).
Note: Recipe yields 300g of hummus.
Per 100g – Prot: 10g Carb: 12g Fat: 7g
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!