Coconut Lemongrass Curry with Cauliflower & Zucchini
Do you have a craving for some soothing zesty comfort food? Then, this spiced lemongrass coconut curry with cauliflower, zucchini, and almonds is what you need!
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into quarters
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and cut into quarters (for a mild level of spiciness)
- 2 lemongrass stalks, ends removed and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1.5 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small zucchini, cut into long strips
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced into 0.5cm / 0.2″ wide strips
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground chilli
- 400mL / 13.5fl oz coconut milk
- 250mL / 8.45fl oz vegetable stock
- 1.5 Tbsp tamari
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 5 small curry leaves
- 2.5 Tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Tamari almonds, or roasted almonds, crushed
- Rice (preferably black or brown)
- Add the garlic, long red chillis, lemongrass, ginger, and peanut oil in a food processor. Process until it’s very finely chopped, scraping down the sides as required to ensure all pieces are blended well into the paste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and then add the paste and chopped onions. Saute on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, turmeric, ground chilli, and toss to combine. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the zucchini, capsicum, coconut milk, stock, tamari, maple syrup, and curry leaves. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower has softened.
- In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot starch and 2.5 Tbsp cold water. Add this to the skillet and stir well, and simmer for a further 3 minutes until it has thickened. Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the curry with rice and poppadums, and garnish with crushed almonds and fresh coriander leaves.Notes: You can make this recipe ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Note: You can make this recipe ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Silvo, and this is my beat: a creative collection of plant-based, whole food recipes that are drool-worthy, healthy, and simple to make. See all recipes by Silvobeat