Coconut-coated Gluten-free Almond Cookies
These gluten-free almond cookies, coated in coconut are easy to make and are a perfect accompaniment for a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Serves 12 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 12 almonds
- 250g/8.8oz (2 1/4 cup) almond meal
- 50g/1.8oz (1/4 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 1/2 Tbsp date syrup (can sub with maple or rice syrup)
- some desiccated coconut for coating
- Place the almonds in a bowl and pour boiling water over the top. Leave for a couple of minutes then peel off outer skin. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F.
- In another bowl, add the almond meal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Then add the orange zest and juice, and the date syrup. Combine well and use hands to form the dough. It should be slightly sticky.
- Using your hands, form 12 balls with the dough. Add some desiccated coconut in a dish and coat each ball with the coconut.
- Place the coated cookie balls on a baking tray and press an almond into the center of each.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!