Chocolate Protein Cardamom Oatmeal with Strawberries
A very satisfying oatmeal that's sugar-free but tastes like a dessert for breakfast! The addition of cardamom gives it a fragrant boost of flavour.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 50g/1.8oz (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 20g/0.7oz chocolate soy protein powder (can be subbed for other plant protein powder)
- 200ml/6.8oz water (use more or less water for desired texture)
- 2 dates, chopped
- 2 cardamom pods
- 125ml/4.2oz unsweetened almond milk (can be subbed for soy milk or other plant milk)
- 150g/5.3oz frozen or fresh strawberries (1 1/4 cup, sliced)
- Lightly crush the cardamom pods so they are slightly open.
- Place the water, oats, choc protein powder, chopped dates and cardamom pods in a pot on medium heat, stir constantly, bring to the boil then lower heat and simmer for about a minute.
- Add the strawberries and plant milk and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Serve warm.
Macros – Carb: 41g Fat: 8g Prot: 27g Calories: 348
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!