- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup creamed coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flax eggs (see below)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/5 cups of oat flour (can use GF version)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup non dairy milk or enough to mix to batter
- 1/2 a cup of walnuts
- 180g / 6.3oz of dark chocolate
1. To make Chocolate Oat Brownies you will need to make flax eggs! To do this, blend half a cup of flaxseed until it’s a fine powder then put in a bowl and put in about half a cup of water, or enough to cover the flax. Set aside and stir on occasion.
2. Next put the almonds and shredded coconut into a food processor or thermomix. Process until smooth.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients including the flax eggs but leaving the walnuts and chocolate out. Process thoroughly adding more milk if you need it until it is a thick brownie batter consistency.
4. Transfer into a bowl and stir through the chopped walnuts and chocolate.
5. Pour/scrape into a lined baking tray and bake at 170C / 340F for 45 mins. Should be firm on top but still squishy.
6. Let it cool for 30 mins then turn out onto a chopping board and let cool completely. Cut with a sharp knife and if you want drizzle some melted chocolate over them.