Chick’n-style Soup with Wholemeal Bread Roll
A cozy, savoury, satisfying hearty soup with shredded seitan. Carrots, celery, onion and garlic make the perfect soup combination.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 150g/5.3oz (1 1/4 cup) shredded seitan, use homemade or store-bought (e.g. Suzy Spoon’s or Meet Co Strips)
- 10g/0.4oz (1/2 Tbsp) vegan butter/margarine (e.g. Nuttelex)
- 250ml/8.5oz (1 cup) liquid vegetable stock
- 100g/3.5oz (3/4 cup, chopped) celery
- 100g/3.5oz (3/4 cup, chopped) carrot
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g/1.8oz (1/3 cup, diced) brown onion
- 120g/4.2oz (2/3 cup) cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 wholemeal bread roll
- 10g/0.4oz (1/2 Tbsp) vegan butter/margarine
- In a saucepan, heat half a tablespoon of vegan butter and sauté the onion on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes then stir in the garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Add the carrots, celery, shredded seitan and cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add the beans and liquid stock. Stir, bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with buttered bread roll.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!