‘Chicken’ & Cashew Stir Fry
A plant-based version of this Chinese dish. With so many delicious vegan meats available today, there's no going back to eating animal flesh.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 brown onion, sliced into small wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup plant-based meat (e.g. Tofurkey, Fry’s or Vegie Delights chick’n style)
- 1 tsp siracha
- 2 tsp soy sauce/Tamari
- 1/4 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/4 cup green capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- Few stalks bok choy, trimmed
- 15g/1.23oz of roasted or raw cashews
- Cook the rice in a little more than 2/3 cup water in a covered pot, rice cooker or a microwave.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry onion for 2 minutes until softened. Add garlic and stir-fry further 30 seconds.
- Add plant-based chick’n strips and cook, stirring often for about 6 minutes.
- Add siracha, soy sauce/Tamari and vegetables, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in cashews just before serving over brown rice.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!