Cacao Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce & Strawberries
These chocolate covered pancakes are a delicious treat to surprise your crush with any day of the week
- 150g/5.3oz kamut flour (or a simple whole wheat one will do)
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 270ml/9.1floz plant based milk
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Mix the wet ingredients and set aside.
- Sift and mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the liquid and combine everything well without over mixing.
- Cook about 1 1/2 Tbsp of the batter at a time in a lightly greased pan at low heat and flip it when it forms little bubbles.
- For the sauce you can simply melt a dark chocolate bar but if you prefer, you can create your own sauce mixing melted coconut oil and cacao powder.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I had no idea how much of a positive impact it would have on my life and most of all on the planet, and how nourished my body would feel. See all recipes by Francesca