Buffalo Chickpea Pizza
A fluffy homemade crust topped with mozzarella cheese, chickpeas, buffalo wing sauce, and drizzled with vegan ranch.
- ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp of active dry yeast
- ½ cup of warm water
- ½ Tbsp of olive oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (for the dough) + 1 tsp (to grease bowl)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (vegan)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cups Vegan Mozarella
- 1/4 cup Vegan Ranch
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Spring Onion, chopped
- Chopped Coriander, optional
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter, for the crust
- In a small bowl mix the warm water and yeast and set aside. The yeast should start to foam after 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to make your water too warm or you can damage (kill) the yeast.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, and salt together. Slowly pour the yeast water and 1 Tbsp olive oil with the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough has formed.
- Knead dough for 3-5 minutes forming it into a ball. Add an additional tablespoon of water if your dough is too dry.
- Place the dough in an oiled glass bowl. Cover the dough with a kitchen linen and place in a dark and warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allowing the dough to rise almost doubling in size.
- Meanwhile, prep your pizza toppings. Combine the chickpeas and buffalo wing sauce in a medium bowl and mix. Chop your fresh spinach and green onion. Set toppings aside.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (260 C). Once the dough has risen, punch the dough. Prep your counter for rolling your dough. You can do this by cleaning it or laying a large piece of parchment paper down.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin. If you notice the dough sticking add 1 tsp of flour to the surface. You want to leave the edges of the dough thicker than the middle of the pizza.*see the tip section for more details.
- Place the rolled out dough with the parchment paper directly on a large baking pan. If you do not have parchment paper spray your pan with oil. Using a fork lightly poke the middle of the dough. This will make sure the dough does not form air bubbles.
- Top your pizza evenly with mozzarella cheese and chickpeas tossed with buffalo wing sauce. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Take pizza out and add the melted butter on the crust (optional) and bake for an additional 2 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh spinach, green onion, and fresh cilantro. Drizzle with vegan ranch and additional buffalo wing sauce. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
2017 is when I officially went vegan, cutting out all dairy products. It all began when my husband and I started watching vegan documentaries that informed us on what kinds of things were in our foods. See all recipes by Marissa