Vegan Blueberry Wholemeal Pancakes
Fluffy wholemeal pancakes bursting with blueberries, drizzled with maple syrup. Make them regular pancake-size or as pikelets.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
- 100g/3.5oz (1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp) wholemeal plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 30g/1oz (2 1/2 Tbsp) chia seeds
- 150g/5.3oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- 250ml/8.6oz unsweetened almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- Optional: pinch of iodised salt
- 5ml/0.17oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray, for cooking
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) maple syrup
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, chia seeds and salt (if using) and gently combine.
- Add the plant milk and gently mix taking care not to overmix the batter. Fold in the blueberries and let the batter rest for about 5 minutes (this allows the ingredients to be well incorporated creating a fluffy pancake).
- Spray some oil in a shallow pan on medium heat. Allow the oil to heat up for a few seconds then pour a scoop of the batter, about 1/3 cup, in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until little bubbles start to form. Flip and cook for another couple of minutes until golden brown. Repeat for the remaining batter. You should end up with 5 pancakes about 12-13cm (5 in) in diameter, or 15 pikelets 7cm (2.75 in) in diameter.
- Enjoy your pancakes drizzled with maple syrup.
Macros – Carb: 103g Fat: 19g Prot: 19g Calories: 659
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!