Banana Zucchini Muffins
These healthy muffins are vegan and gluten-free morsels of heaven!
Serves 9 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- vegan chocolate chips (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200C and grease muffin tin.
- Add the milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Mash banana and add to the mixture.
- Shred zucchini and remove excess moisture with a towel. Mix in with other ingredients.
- Add the ground oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix together.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins. One batch makes 9 average sized muffins.
- Sprinkle the tops with the chocolate chips (if desired) and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 355°F/180C and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Sarah Aagesen is a health + wellness content creator. She works with brands to develop original content through custom writing, photography, and graphic design. See all recipes by Sarah