Aquafaba Chocolate Sponge with Coconut Whipped Caream
This Aquafaba chocolate sponge cake with coconut whipped cream by 365CleanEats is light and fluffy as a cloud!
Ingredients for 10cm cake tin x 3:
- 120g plain Flour
- 3 Tbsp. (18g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 60g choice of Sugar (add more if you wish)
- 100 ml Soy Milk or Almond Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Apple Vider Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 5 Tbsp. Aquafaba (no salt)
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can Coconut Cream or full fat Coconut Milk
- 2-3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1. Chill Coconut Cream can in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 170⁰C. Line tins with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix Soy Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar. Add Sugar, Salt, and Oil. Mix well.
4. In a different bowl, add the Aquafaba and beat it with a electric whisk until thick and glossy.
5. In the wet mixture bowl, add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add half of the Aquafaba meringue and mix well. Add rest of the merengue and mix well.
6. Divide the batter between the 3 cake tins.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let them cool completely.
9. Open the chilled Coconut Cream can and scoop out the solidified cream on top in a bowl. Add Maple Syrup and Vanilla Paste to the same bowl. Beat the cream with an electric whisk until it turns to a thick whipped cream.
10. To assemble, trim the top of each cake to create a flat surface. Decorate with fruit and whipped cream.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!