Almond Cream and Avocado Pasta
This creamy and delicious Almond Cream and Avocado Pasta by 365CleanEats is a weekday dinner dream!
- 115g (4 oz) raw Almond s
- 1/2 cup minced Onion (100g)
- 1 1/2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt and Olive Oil
- 200g (7 oz) your choice of Pasta
- 1/2-1 Avocado (sliced)
- 1/2-1 cup Basil leaves
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Harissa Oil (optional)
1. Blanch Almonds. Place Almonds into boiling water and boil for a minute. Drain in a strainer. Rinse with cold water. Squeeze the almonds with your fingers. The skin will come off easily. Discard the skin and soak the almonds overnight.
2. In a saucepan, sauté Onion and Garlic 1 Tbsp. olive oil for a few minutes. Add 1/2 tsp salt and continue to sauté until they become tender.
3. In a high speed blender, put the sautéed Onion & Garlic, Water, Almonds, Nutritional Yeast, 1/2 tsp Salt, and 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil. Blend well.
4. Pour the mixture into the same saucepan and warm it up.
5. Mix 1 cup of the sauce with boiled Pasta and add more according to your preference. Add Black Pepper and Salt to taste. Assemble with Avocado and fresh Basil leaves. Squeeze fresh Lemon juice and drizzle Harissa oil just before eating.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!